For cleaner teeth and healthier gums
As well as maintaining an effective daily hygiene routine, to ensure your teeth and gums are kept free of plaque and tartar, you should also have regular appointments with the dental hygienist. This will help remove the deposits that home cleaning alone may miss.
The combination of a home care routine and regular hygiene visits will reduce your risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease. Tooth decay often occurs in the pits and fissures on the chewing surfaces of the teeth and gum disease is caused by the bacteria in plaque.
Our hygienists can tackle all those hard to reach areas of the mouth and make sure they are kept clean and bacteria-free.
Oral Hygiene – the Sutton Aesthetic way
Our experienced hygienists provide the following:
- An examination of your teeth to look for plaque or tartar and any evidence of gum disease, such as soreness or bleeding.
- Scaling and polishing to remove stubborn deposits, using the latest equipment. We also offer air polishing, which aims a strong jet of air, water and sodium bicarbonate at your teeth to remove debris and staining, and to polish the surface.
- Dental hygiene advice to ensure you look after your teeth properly between appointments and avoid the more serious problems related to poor dental hygiene.
More facts about oral hygiene
- Poor gum health has been linked to a number of serious conditions, including heart disease and diabetes, so regular visits to the hygienist can help to improve your overall well-being.
- It is a good idea to bring your children to see our hygienists to help them get used to having cleaning treatments.